We've totally redone the rules, please take a moment to look them over!
Everybody hates this part, but it's what makes things run smoothly. We'll try to keep it simple.
- 100-word-stories (Be careful to use exactly 100 words, we will use ms word to check them.)
- Poems of all types.
- Stream of Consciousness/free writing.
Things that will be deleted:
- Casual posts (Hey, what's everybody's fave color? and things like that.)
- Posts that contain sensitive member information such as phone numbers, addresses, and last names.
- Writing that exists only to flame and/or show discrimination against another member of the group, livejournal, or other groups of people. Writing challenges are okay.
- Other TOS offenses.
- Criticism on pieces where the author has specifically asked readers not critique.
- Criticism where reasons are not given. You cannot just post "It sucks." You have to back up your opinion.
- Works which are rated incorrectly, which the author refuses to correct. (We will always try to work with the author first.)
((Author's notes and other info that is not part of the piece should be written in double parenthesis.))
Removal from the group may result based on the following:
- Failure to be respectful of members writing and feelings.
- Stealing. This includes writing it in your own journal without linking back to the original post. (Or at all, if the author has expressed a wish that their work not be posted elsewhere.
- Repeated failure to rate correctly/work with the staff to rate correctly.
- Try your best to spell properly and use proper grammar. No l33t sp34k, please.
- Please, if your writing is above pg, give it a responsible rating. Type the rating after the title in your subject line (in parenthesis).
- If your writing is rated higher than teen, explain why, and then use a cut for the actual post.
- We fully understand writer's block. If you can't think of anything new to post, please just send us a little note to let us know. It helps us tell the difference between a struggling artist and an inactive member.
The maintainers of this group reserve the right to add to, remove from, reword, or otherwise alter this list as needed to keep the community safe and fun for everybody.